Saturday 17 January 2009

Blogger.com is not programmer friendly (Updated)

I've been trying to squeeze my ponderings into the blogger.com space and I'm just so....... frustrated....

1) There is no generic code format. I tried to use the quotes but they are just unfathomable.
2) The HTML editor is infathomable. I end up with tiny, tiny, tiny text because I'm not closing quotes correctly. Now, My Google, if I was in charge of the content and I could place my quotes wherever I fancied, then I would buy into that. However, I am at the mercy of your formatting engine (even when I switch to HTML mode) and you still make it unpredictable and unusable...

Update; A workaround has been posted at http://hype-free.blogspot.com/2006/12/how-to-publish-good-looking-code-on.html - I'm not keen on the suggestion that I host the source outside the blog and line to that, but it's still a much better solution that Google's Blogger.com provides out of the box.

Update again; a much better solution is to use Live Writer and a Source Code Formatter plugin - see here for step by step

No comments:

Post a Comment