Friday 15 May 2009

Downloaded CHM help file shows “Navigation to the webpage was cancelled”

This page has moved to http://www.scottleckie.com/2009/05/downloaded-chm-help-file-shows-%e2%80%9cnavigation-to-the-webpage-was-cancelled%e2%80%9d/

Huh – that was an odd one. I copied a bunch of controls over to my Windows 7 box and the DLLs work, but the help files are stuffed;
image
It seems this is common problem, fixed by right-clicking the CHM file and clicking on an “Unblock” button which I’ve never seen before!
image
I can’t claim credit for this – found it at Rob Chandler’s blog here. Weird sense of priorities, huh? OK to copy and run any old DLL that you found lying in the bin, but a helpfile? Woooohhhh… no… that’s much more dangerous!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks...this post is very helpful!
    - z

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, helped me too. thanks

    ReplyDelete